If you’re considering building an extension or a new home, you’ll want to consider hiring an Hobe Sounds architects. There are many advantages to using an architect for building ideas, building plans and planning permission. They don’t only come up with your design, a good architect can walk you through every stage of the building process including overseeing the construction and making sure the contractor follows his plans. Of course, your architect should be flexible enough to meet your needs whether it is simply for building plans for a home extension or the project management of a new home.
• An architect will work with you throughout the design process, to create a result that contains only the features you approve. The architect will work with the budget you establish, and help you choose appropriate materials and workmanship at fair prices that reflect your budget. That can include helping you get bids for construction and other contract work.
• Your architect will watch out for your interests and make sure the project is built as it was designed. • An architect will design your home or office space to take advantage of the nature environment, minimize energy use and incorporate contemporary “green building” principles. The architect will help you choose quality materials and finishes that are both durable and appropriate, providing a wide range of choices rather than limiting you to two or three choices or a package deal.
1. Start by finding architects that you’d like to interview. Ask friends, family, or business associates for recommendations. Use the internet or phone book to aid in your search.
2. Contact architects. See if you can set up a brief phone interview. Remember that architects are highly paid professionals – make sure that you have a list of questions ready. Any architect that you would consider hiring should take the time to answer your questions about their experience, design principles, etc. but don’t expect them to give away their knowledge for free.
3. After contacting numerous firms via the phone, narrow your choices down to 3-5 architects that you’d like to interview. Set up a meeting with them. Be prepared with information about what you’d like to build, your expected budget, & questions that you’d like to ask the architect.
4. Once you’ve interviewed all the architects that you are considering, take your time and really compare them. Make sure that you are choosing someone who you connected with as you’ll be working with this person for a good amount of time.
5. After you’ve made your selection, make sure that you get a contract and that you understand all of it. Take the time to have an attorney look it over. Specifically, make sure that you understand payment terms, what happens if you have to put your project on hold or cancel your project. Don’t sign it until you understand and are comfortable with all terms of the contract.